Monday, April 6, 2026

We'll Work till Jesus Comes

 

We’ll Work till Jesus Comes

I’ve been told many a time to slow down. I work too hard. It is true, when I see something that needs done, I do it, and don’t sleep until it is done. Jesus worked much too but He knew when to rest. That is something I still need to learn to do. I love serving the Lord, and serving the people that God puts before me. Someday, I will get complete rest and am looking forward to lying in God’s arms. Until then I will do all I can to glorify God, by completing His ministry and please Him by getting the rest that I need to keep His temple strong and healthy.

Lyrics by Elizabeth Mills , arranged by William Miller

“O land of rest, for thee I sigh! When will the moment come? When I shall lay my armor by, and dwell in peace at home!

To Jesus Christ I fled for rest; He bade me cease to roam and lean for succor on His breast till He conduct me home.

I sought at once my Savior’s side, no more my steps shall roam; With Him I’ll brave death’s schilling tide and reach my heavenly home.

We’ll work till Jesus comes, we’ll work till Jesus come; and we’ll be gathered home.”

For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If you like my posts, please pass them on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soldiers of Christ, Arise!

  Soldiers of Christ, Arise! We are soldiers and our armor is the righteousness of God. Being right with God through the strength that God...

In Touch Ministry, Turning Point