Saturday, June 13, 2026

Jesus, I Come

 

                                                            Jesus, I Come

Are you a slave to sin? Are you stuck in a state of pride or self-indulgence? Do you fall into the trap of gossiping or shameful behavior? Come to Jesus, come into His light, bend yourself to His will, do not be afraid of dying. Jesus is there, waiting for you. Come to Jesus, He will bless you and love you unconditionally.

Lyrics by William T. Sleeper, arranged by George C. Stebbins

“Out of my bondage, sorrow and night, Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come; Into thy freedom, gladness and light, Jesus, I come to Thee; Out of my sickness into Thy health, out of my want and into Thy wealth, Out of my sin and into Thyself, Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure and loss, Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come; Into the glorious gain of Thy cross, Jesus, I come to Thee; Out of earth’s sorrows into Thy balm, Out of life’s storms and into Thy calm, Out of distress to jubilant Psalm, Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride, Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come; Into the blessed will to abide, Jesus, I come to Thee; Out of my self to dwell in Thy love, out of despair into raptures above, upward for aye on wings like a dove, Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of the fear and dread of the tomb, Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come; Into the joy and light of Thy home, Jesus, I come to Thee; Out of the depths of ruin untold, Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold, ever Thy glorious face to behold, Jesus, I come to Thee.

For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If you like my posts, please pass them on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soldiers of Christ, Arise!

  Soldiers of Christ, Arise! We are soldiers and our armor is the righteousness of God. Being right with God through the strength that God...

In Touch Ministry, Turning Point