Friday, October 2, 2026

At Calvary

 

At Calvary

Think of the Apostle Paul when you sing this song. It reminds me of him crucifying Christians. It reminds me of his pride in what he thought he was doing right. Then along came Jesus on the road to Damascus and asked him why he was crucifying Him. It was through his blindness and a believer that made him see, not only physically but spiritually also. Because of God’s grace and the salvation plan, Paul became just as strong in bringing others to Christ than when he was crucifying them. God’s grace extends to us and helps us see through our prideful ways. His mercy endures forever. Praise the Lord!

Lyrics by William R. Newell, arranged by Daniel B. Towner

“Years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not my Lord was crucified, knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.

By God’s word at last my sin I learned; Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned, till my guilty soul imploring turned to Calvary.

Now I’ve given to Jesus everything, Now I gladly own Him as my King, now my raptured soul can only sing of Calvary.

Oh, the love that drew salvations plan! Oh, the grace that brought it down to man! Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary.

Mercy there was great, and grace was free; Pardon there was multiplied to me; There my burdened soul found liberty, at Calvary.

For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If you like my posts, please pass them on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where He Leads, I'll Follow

  Where He Leads, I’ll Follow If there were anyone on this earth that we would follow, it would be our Lord and Savior. Perfect and loving...

In Touch Ministry, Turning Point