Monday, October 5, 2026

The Way of the Cross Leads Home

 

The Way of the Cross Leads Home

When Jesus died on the cross, He provided a way home for us. There is no way to get to heaven except through Jesus Christ. Once we accept Jesus and are obedient to Him and His word, then Jesus goes to prepare a place for us. We agree to give up the way of the world and commit ourselves to Him. He is waiting at the gates with open arms, won’t you come to Him.

Lyrics by Jessie B. Pounds, arranged by Charles H. Gabriel

“I must needs go home by the way of the cross, there’s no other way but this; I shall never get sight of the Gates of Light, if the way of the cross I miss.

I must needs go on in the blood-sprinkled way, the path that the Savior trod, if I ever climb to the heights sublime, where the soul is at home with God.

Then I bid farewell to the way of the world, to walk in it nevermore; For my Lord says “come,” and I seek my home, where He waits at the open door.

The way of the cross leads home, the way of the cross leads home; it is sweet to know as I onward go, the way of the cross leads home.”

For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If you like my posts, please pass them on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Way of the Cross Leads Home

  The Way of the Cross Leads Home When Jesus died on the cross, He provided a way home for us. There is no way to get to heaven except thr...

In Touch Ministry, Turning Point