He
Died for Me
If you were at the foot of Jesus’ Cross, would you look
away from His blood stained body or would you take in His eyes? He is looking
at you, and do you feel convicted, knowing it was your sins that put Him on
that cross? Yes, He died on that cross because of you and me and because He
wanted us to live. He died to take away those sins that put Him on the cross.
Even today, when we sin, we crucify our Lord and Savior. It’s because of His
grace that we are forgiven. Let us strive to be like Jesus and sin no more.
Lyrics by John Newton, arranged by Edwin O. Excell
“I saw One hanging on a tree, in agony and blood; He
fixed His languid eyes on me, as near His cross I stood.
Sure, never, till my latest breath, can I forget that
look; It seemed to charge me with His death, Though, not a word He spoke.
My conscience felt and owned the guilt and plunged me in
despair; I saw my sins His blood had spilt and helped to nail Him there.
Alas! I knew not what I did, but now my tears are vain;
Where shall my trembling soul be hid? For I the Lord have slain.
A second look He gave, which said, “I freely all forgive;
This blood is for thy ransom paid, I die that thou may live.
Oh, can it be, upon a tree the Savior died for me? My
soul is thrilled; my heart is filled. To think He died for me!
For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If
you like my posts, please pass them on to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment