Am I
a Soldier of the Cross?
Are you ashamed to say you are a Christian? Are you
afraid to tell others of the Lord? If you are afraid of what others think, then
consider how God thinks when you won’t share His word or let others know that
you are a follower of His. He loves you so much and cares for you in so many
ways that it quenches His Holy Spirit when you don’t show your love for Him to
others. “And He said to them (apostles) go into all the world and preach the
gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15. Let us be bold and speak up, proclaim that
you are a Christian and be proud of it.
Lyrics by Isaac Watts, arranged by Thomas A. Arne
“Am I a soldier of the cross, a follower of the Lamb? And
shall I fear to own His cause, or blush to speak His name?
Must I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease,
while others fought to win the prize, and sailed through bloody seas?
Are there no foes for me to face? Must I not stem the
flood? Is this vile world a friend to grace, to help me on to God?
Sure, I must fight,
if I would reign; Increase my courage Lord; I’ll bear the toil, endure the
pain, supported by Thy word.”
For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If
you like my posts, please pass them on to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment