Friday, September 26, 2025

Breathe on Me, Breath of God

 

Breathe on Me, Breath of God

God loves us so much that He sent His one and only Son to die on the cross for us.

We are to do what God does, and that is to love one another with a pure heart until God’s will become our will, and we are willing to endure His will upon us.

Once we can endure God’s will, we will become wholly His and a fire will grow inside us, and we will live with Him forevermore.

Lyrics by Edwin Hatch and Robert Jackson:

“Breathe on me, Breath of God, fill me with life anew, That I may what thou dost love, And do what thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, until my heart is pure, Until with Thee I will one will, to do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, Till I am wholly thine, until this earthly part of me glows with thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, so shall I never die, But live with Thee the perfect life of Thine eternity.  Amen.”

For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If you like my posts, please pass them on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Jesus Goes with Me

  If Jesus Goes with Me It is a lot easier to go into places where there is grief or strife. Where there is joy and peace. It is a lot eas...

In Touch Ministry, Turning Point