Monday, September 28, 2026

I'll Put Jesus First in My Life

 

                                            I’ll Put Jesus First in My Life

There are many pleasures in life, some good, some tempting but not good. All pleasures in this world are only temporary. This is not our home. Our home is beyond this world. The only pleasure that is everlasting is the pleasure of knowing God and putting Him above all other. He must be placed first in our life, in all that we say and do if we want to have eternal life with Him in His home. The opposite of heaven is no pleasure at all. Let us strive to put Jesus first and allow the blessings to flow.

Lyrics by James D. Murch, arranged by James D. Murch

“The world all about me has now no allure; Its pleasures bring pain; its wisdom is vain; I seek a foundation that’s steadfast and sure.

The Lord Jesus died my salvation to win; He went in my stead to Calvary and bled; Redemption impels me to give up all sin.

I know there’s a home for the ransomed and blest, when death is no more, when struggle is over, for those who love Jesus and give Him their best.

Though earth’s tribulations continue each day, though pleasures may call, though evil enthrall, His grace will protect me forever and aye;

I’ll put Jesus first in my life. In all that I say, in all that I do, throughout the world of toil and strife, by day and by night, through trust in His might, I’ll put Jesus first in my life.

For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If you like my posts, please pass them on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Put Jesus First in My Life

                                                         I’ll Put Jesus First in My Life There are many pleasures in life, some good, some...

In Touch Ministry, Turning Point