Ivory
Palaces
When we think of Jesus’ garments we think of “Robes of
Splendor”, “Robes of Righteousness”. To carry it a little further, we might say
He smells good. His robes being filled with Myrrh. We know what it’s like to
stand next to a nicely dressed man or woman who smells good. I never once
thought of Jesus dressed in riches and smelling good. Jesus had been dressed in robes of purple, but
He was also dressed in rags. He lived as a Shepherd. But when Jesus comes to
take us to His home, He will be dressed in glorious garments. I can’t wait to
see that day!
Lyrics by Henry Barraclough, arranged by Henry
Barraclough
“My Lord has garments o wondrous fine, and myrrh their
texture fills; Its fragrance reached to this heart of mine, with joy my being
thrills.
His life had also its sorrows sore, for aloes had a part;
And when I think of the cross He bor, my eyes with teardrops start.
His garments too were in cassia dipped. With healing in a
touch; each time my feet in some sin have slipped. He took me from its clutch.
In garments glorious He will come, to open wide the door;
And I shall enter my heavenly home, to dwell forever more.
Out of the ivory palaces into a world of woe, only His
great eternal love, made my Savior go.”
For more posts like this, go to: https://sherrysouthard.blogspot.com. If
you like my posts, please pass them on to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment